Final Semester Blog Post: Video




For our sophomore version of ONW NOW, my group did a news story about the Fall Play. This was the quickest project that we worked on since we had the filming deadline. We only worked on it for one week. My biggest challenge for this project was the fact that I was also in the play and wasn't always able to film the scenes. I think I learned how to better manage time since I had to juggle filming and acting. I was given feedback on lighting. It was hard to perfect it because there was differences in the lighting of the stage and back stage. I was able to change that in editing through the colors tab. This is probably the piece that I am most proud of because I think it was well put together.



This was one of the first projects we worked on in E-comm. It's a feature piece based on another student in school, Jaden Brown. It took us around three weeks to finish, since we were still new to this type of filming. One of the challenges we faced was interviewing people who knew Jaden, since we didn't have matching times to meet up. I think I really learned how important it is to make time for the e-comm projects outside of school. I got a lot of feedback on lighting and sound and also the beginning, which a fixed and later reuploaded. I think this is a good video but I wish I had polished it a bit more.

I wish during this semester that I organized my time more. I had a lot of trouble focusing on editing sometimes. I think for next semester that I'm going to set goals of what needs to be done each day so I better manage my time. I did however work a lot on editing outside of class by staying after school.

I think one of my strengths is being able to edit quickly and learn editing and filming skills fast. I think that I could improve on my patience and management skills because I can have problems when working on projects.

For the sophomore edition of ONW NOW I was an anchor for filming. As the anchor, I read and introduced each story. My group worked on a news story about the fall play. I wish I had been more patient when filming because I got really worked up in filming. However, I thought it was really fun.

I really loved being able to work on convergence journalism this semester. I really want to be a part of it. If I could change something it would probably be the level of focus I put into the class. If I could say one take-away it would probably be that I need to better manage my time and I hope to set goals that relate to that next semester.

Comments

Popular Posts