Video Final

As we get closer to the end of the school year, I am able to reflect on my time in video production during sophomore year.


Bastille
This project was the music video portion of the semester. My group decided to do the song Bastille by Pompeii. This project took about two months to complete, as we were constantly set back by bad weather and were unable to film outside for several weeks. We definitely learned how to work through problems with locations and meet deadlines despite that. We did, however, think that we could stuck to the original video a little bit better since we had to cut out parts at the end.



Twilight
This project was our movie trailer of the semester. Our group had a lot of trouble picking a trailer. We were supposed to originally going to do Dead Poets Society but my group wanted to change it. We ran out of time so picked Twilight. The project took about 1 month to complete. We had a lot of trouble with filming since we couldn't get all the shots and many of our group members were out of town during filming. If we could redo it, I think we should have spent more time filming so that we could get more shots and make it look more like the original trailer.

In class, I tried to use my time the best I can. If I get finished early, I try to clean up the project or work on missing work. I also stay after class if needed to work on a project to meet a deadline.

I think my strengths lie as a director. I am good at organizing people and calanders and making sure that we keep on time and get all the shots we need.

I think my weaknesses lie as a preproductionist. A lot of the work to be done is in the beginning and I feel bad of I do all the work so quick.

The short film was by far the worst job I have done. I was unavailable for the majority of filming and did a bit of editing and work on the server. I think, however, that my group did a really good job and they seem to have worked really hard on it. My favorite part of the assignment was the script writing because I haven't had the time to script write in so long.

I really loved being able to work on more fleshed out stuff than freshman year. I think it's a really good introduction to junior and senior year. I would have liked to have had more time to work of projects out of class instead of being busy. Overall, I think this semester proved that Entertainment Video is not my strongsuit. However, I still would like to do a bit of work with Convergence next year.

Comments

Popular Posts